[kronolith] Shared Calendars

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:45:11 -0400

Quoting Rick Stevens <rstevens@vitalstream.com>:

> Actually, I'm doing it this way for a specific purpose and I'm under the
> gun.  Once I roll it out, I'll have a bit of time to generalize it.

Of course.

> I don't want to be too much on the edge here, since this has to be a
> production system.  Again, once I've got it working, I'll port it to the
> HEAD branch.

Okay, sounds good. Hopefully I'll have had a chance to do some more
infrastructure work by the time you get to this point, so we can all move
forward.

> Well, how else can you update the screen with the information from at
> totally different calendar?  As I see it, the current Kronolith has no
> method to open a second calendar.  I had hoped there was and that you,
> oh great one, could steer me in the right direction.  The idea is to
> close the current calendar, swap in the data for the new calendar, then
> update the display with the new data.

Sorry, apparently I came off condescendingly; I didn't mean to. I was just
confused on what exactly you meant. At the moment, you're correct; you'd
need to create a whole new Kronolith_Driver object for a new calendar. I'll
look at simplifying this sometime soon.

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in
the arms of silence. All we ever have is here, now." - Ursula K. Le Guin