[kronolith] iCalendar/vCalendar support in Kronolith - including scheduling!

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:39:44 +0200

Zitat von Cliff Green <green@UMDNJ.EDU>:

> First: I think I understand why it's desirable to use UTC format for the
> DTSTART
> and DTEND fields, but when I import entries with dates in that format,
> they
> don't show up corrected for my timezone.  I edited makeDate in Data.php
> and
> removed the trailing 'Z', and now start and end dates show up in local
> time,
> correctly displayed.  My question is: why didn't the UTC format work for
> me, or
> should it?

This should be fixed in cvs.

> Second: when I click on the invitation.vcs attachment (not the download
> link),
> the mime viewer displays:
>
>  Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in
> /usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/lib/Data.php on
> line 3910

I can't see this.

> and then the Summary, Description, DTSTART and DTEND fields.  SUMMARY is
> formatted okay, but DESCRIPTION loses formatting if there's more than one
> line
> (i.e., the second line in a description was outdented and uppercased,
> like a

Yes, the generated iCal files aren't RFC conform yet (encoding, line folding
etc).

> field name).  Also, should the dates be displayed in this rendered window
> as
> something more meaningful?

Definitely.

> Also, I like adding the invitation from the edit screen and hadn't
> thought of
> that, but it might be helpful to also have an invitation option on the
> initial
> New Event screen;  again, I'll try to come up with something after I've
> had some
> sleep.

Sure, makes sense.

> One last thing - does it make sense to make the choice of a mime viewer
> for .vcs
> attachments a user-selectable thing, with the default being up to the
> admin?
> The reason I ask is that I have Palm Desktop installed on my PC, and it
> wants to
> be the default app for .vcs attachments, and I'm sure there's still
> *somebody*
> still using Outlook or Evolution, or some other calendar program...
> Personally,
> I prefer kronolith, but the other programs are easier to use when
> synching with
> a PDA.

That's not necessary. This is no system setting but just for Horde/IMP. You
can still download the attachment and open it in your prefered application.

Jan.