[kronolith] Shared Calendar Thoughts

Derek J. Balling dredd@megacity.org
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 11:07:15 -0400

> Would most users make use of this feature right now? Who knows, but at
> least
> we are not limiting ourselves from the beginning. If I were deciding
> between
> one package and another, the one thing I look for, aside from whether
> it can
> do what I want now, is if it can do what I think I would be doing in 6
> months from now. You had mentioned Yahoo!Calendars in your initial
> mail, what would
> it take for you to completely remove yourself from using that? Would
> this
> feature help? If so, then that should be reason enough.

You're right. I guess my whole point is that so long as the "basic
functionality" that is available (of sharing calendars "as a whole"),
I'm open to there being the ability to also share individual events as
folks have described it.

I think the shared-event UI becomes complicated when you want to only
share it with a subset of users (e.g., not necessarily a group, but say,
you and three co-workers going to a movie, or something).