[kronolith] Shared Calendar Thoughts

adam@morrison-ind.com adam@morrison-ind.com
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 10:58:36 -0400

>They way I'm looking at it:
>I have an event that i want 5 independent groups to know about....
>Shared calendar approach:
>I add the event 5 times to 5 different shared calendars so all groups can
>see it. If a person is subscribed to two of those groups then they will see
>the event twice, one from each calendar.
>Shared event approach:
>I add the event once and give the five different groups read access to it.

Does libmcal have any concept of something like a shared event?  It seems like
one would have to "plumb" pretty far back to support such a thing.   Maybe it
would be easy to implement with an SQL backend but I know we are commited to
using mstore in anticipation of a working icapd so that we can integrate things.

I think this is an interesting idea (shared events) but I'd hate to see it hold
up basic shared calendars,  as we need that feature yesterday.