[kronolith] parse remote calenders

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:03:12 +0200

Zitat von Tim Terlegård <timte878@student.liu.se>:

> > > Does Kronolith have any support for collecting events from
> > remote sites?
> > > There's for instance ADiCT (www.adict.net) which is a format for
> > events.> You can parse the adict file and insert the event in your
> > own calender.
> >
> > I don't know anything about this format but I guess it should be
> > possible to
> > write a calendar driver for this format. Do they have a propietary
> > protocol,are requests possible in a standard protocol (xmlrpc, soap)?
>
> I didn't mean just this format, but if there is any code that collects
> events from remote sites?
> I don't know if adict is the best format, maybe there are others? Is
> iCalender a file format that you parse?An example of an adict file is
> http://www.sslug.dk/adict/localevents. You just get it by HTTP and parse,
> no other protocols involved...

We have very fresh iCalendar support in Kronolith. And there is some code to
get events from remote Kronolith servers by xmlrpc. It would only take a few
lines to make it actually work.
Getting and parsing remote files like the addict one's shouldn't be too hard
either.

What we need and what currently is discussed here is the need to have
subscribeable calendars.

Jan.