[kronolith] parse remote calenders

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 19:13:02 -0400

Quoting Cliff Green <green@UMDNJ.EDU>:

> Have you seen the support for remote calendar files being worked on at
> the mozilla project?  It looks like subscribing to those isn't much
> different from the way jonah allows one to subscribe to different news
> channels, using either http:// or ftp://, and it might make building a
> driver easier (might. might not - I'm not qualified to say), since it
> looks like the calendar files themselves are vcal/ical format.
> Unfortunately, when I tried importing their sample US Holidays file into
> kronolith, (so far) none of the dates show up in my calendar.

Hmmm - any errors? Or just nothing happens?

I think, because we're a web-based app, we won't be able to get decent
performance out of subscribing directly to remote calendars. However, we
could probably use a caching system to do it...

> See:
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/

Cool, thanks for the link - I'll definitely give it a shot.

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>