[kronolith] DB connect problem after CVS update

adam@morrison-ind.com adam@morrison-ind.com
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 12:09:04 -0400

I'm trying to get the CVS HEAD versions up and running again,  but seem to be
having a problem connecting to the database, which worked before.

I have the release versions of Horde/IMP/Turba/NAG/mNemo/Kronolith running on a
production box,  and I've had the CVS version running on my test box.

But since I did "cvs update -d" on the test box and went through the config
files I've been able to get nothing but -

Sep 05 11:04:14 HORDE [emergency] [horde] DB Error: no such database: pgsql,
natches, nobody, , turba, horde_prefs [on line 131 of
"/var/www/html/horde/lib/Prefs/sql.php.

Even though I *know* the database is working and the parameters appear correct.
 Another java app on this box is using a different database in the posgtresql
engine without problems.

[root@natches tmp]# psql -U nobody -h natches turba
turba=> \d
         List of relations
       Name       | Type  | Owner
------------------+-------+--------
 horde_categories | table | adam
 horde_prefs      | table | nobody
 kronolith_events | table | adam
 mnemo_memos      | table | adam
 nag_tasks        | table | adam
 turba_objects    | table | adam
(6 rows)

[root@natches config]# netstat -ap | grep post
tcp        0      0 *:postgres              *:*                     LISTEN
1055/postmaster
tcp        0      0 localhost.morr:postgres localhost.morriso:43739 ESTABLISHED
29700/postgres: ope
tcp        0      0 localhost.morriso:43739 localhost.morr:postgres ESTABLISHED
10010/java
tcp        0      0 localhost.morriso:44271 localhost.morr:postgres ESTABLISHED
10010/java
tcp        0      0 localhost.morriso:44272 localhost.morr:postgres ESTABLISHED
10010/java
tcp        0      0 localhost.morr:postgres localhost.morriso:44272 ESTABLISHED
31777/postgres: ope
tcp        0      0 localhost.morr:postgres localhost.morriso:44271 ESTABLISHED
31776/postgres: ope
[root@natches config]# ps ax |grep post
 1055 ?        S      0:22 /usr/bin/postmaster -D /var/lib/pgsql/data -i
29700 ?        S      0:01 postgres: opennms opennms 127.0.0.1 idle
32196 ?        S      0:00 postgres: opennms opennms 127.0.0.1 idle

$conf['sql']['phptype']  = 'pgsql';
$conf['sql']['hostspec'] = 'natches';
$conf['sql']['username'] = 'nobody';
$conf['sql']['password'] = '';