[kronolith] ACL in HEAD version

David U. davidu@everydns.net
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 20:01:03 -0500

Kurt Van Schaeybroeck wrote:

> Also can someone help me on the way with this thing:
> I'd liek to add some extra fields to the event.
> So, which files should I look into, and which
> surtenly not?

It's pretty simple (and easy to see what to do once you start):

For example, I added a special group type to each event to create a filtered
view for certain people.

1) I declared my new variable groupID, made getGroupID(), and made
setGroupID() all in lib/Event.php
2) In lib/Event.php::readForm() I modified it to set the GroupID using
setGroupID() with a value passed in.
3) in lib/Driver/sql.php::getEventObject I modified it to also grab my new
field from the DB.
4) in Kronolith_Event_sql (same sql.php file) I modified fromDriver() and
toDriver() to get and set the correct value for groupID.

I think that was pretty much it.  You can choose to have it display where
ever you want and it will be in your $event object and can be retrieved with
something like $event->getGroupID() or whatever you call your functions.

hope that helps....

-davidu