[kronolith] kron CVS HEAD issues/questions

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 23:15:46 -0400

Quoting Cliff Green <green@UMDNJ.EDU>:

> I'm not really sure how we should deal with this.  The *content* is the
> same, but the salient difference is the MIME type/file extension.  That
> is, we're not really using any iCal-specific features, that I can think
> of.  (Okay, we've changed the VERSION property to 2.0, but I think that's
> about it.)   For example, Palm Desktop also wants vCal attachments, but if
> you save an iCal attachment from kronolith, and import it to Palm
> regardless of the file extension, it's happy to digest the information and
> display it properly.
>
> The only thngs that come to mind are unsatisfactory, e.g.:
> -send the same attachment twice, once with each mimetype
> -have an option for which mimetype you want to send (i.e., your default
>  calendar type)
>
> Too bad kronolith doesn't have an ESP module, to sense what kind of
> client is at the other end...

Yeah - I'm really not sure what we're supposed to do about this - iCalendar
is the current and correct MIME type, the data's pretty much the same, and
we'll probably eventually rely on it (over the old, deprecated vCalendar) ...

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."
 - Google, thanks to Harpers