[kronolith] A solution for event notification

Tom Redfern thos@fonebone.net
Tue Oct 22 21:23:10 2002

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 04:15:22PM -0400, Amith Varghese wrote:
> > My object was to write a script that could access the datbase and be called
> > out of cron.   I know perl.  I've never worked with PHP.  I'm about to get
> > my feet wet though.
>
> I could be wrong, and please correct me if I am, but I thought Mike Cochrane
> added alarms for the SQL driver in CVS Head.  Or maybe i'm missing something here.

This is a script running on the server that works even if you aren't
loged in or running horde.  I think alarms that pop up when you just
happen to be logged in aren't of much use.

This guy mail you a list of events for the day sorted by priority and
a seperate email for each event due.

If someone has written such a thing, than I'd appreciate someone sending
me a site.

Alarms have to contact you by the best method available.  I like email
because a person can set a mail deliver script that can contact them via
cel phone or anything else you might want to invent.