[kronolith] Authenticated remote calendars (and deleting remote calendars)

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer@iu13.org
Thu Oct 24 16:11:21 2002

Hi,

Just wanted to see if I have my ideas straight about the subject.  First, I
can't seem to find a way to edit/delete a remote calendar I've added.  I'm not
talking about actually modifying entries - I just want to get rid of the remote
calendar object altogether in Kronolith.  Short of using mysql from the command
line, I'm assuming this is code waiting to be written.  Secondly, yesterday, I
was testing Apple's iCal with a webDAV-enabled server.  The server was password
protected using the auth_ldap module.  I was able to successfully publish and
subscribe to calendars with iCal.  However, I was unable to load the *.ics file
from kronolith when I specified it as a remote calendar, because I didn't see
anything in the loading of remote calendars that allowed for authentication.

Would something like this work:

for each remote calendar, in addition to calendar name and URL, allow for
storing of a user/pass combo (and/or have a checkbox to allow for the use of the
horde user/pass combo)

Then, when trying to load a remote calendar:

Check if a user/pass is set - if so, HTTP authenticate, then load calendar,
otherwise just load the calendar.

Thats assuming that HTTP is the protocol in use - since file() can be used to
open different URLS (ftp I guess would be the other one), you'd have to
generalize this a bit.

On the other hand, if I read the PHP documentation right, I should also be able
to specify a user:pass combo in the URL and have that work.  I've tried creating
a new remote calendar entry of the form:

http://userid:pass:@calendar.... but that is generating the following error in
the logs:

PHP Warning:  Bad arguments to implode() in /horde/kronolith/lib/Kronolith.php
on line 171

PHP is 4.2.2 with the latest PEAR from CVS, and the HEAD branch of horde and its
various components.

Thanks,
Kevin
--