[kronolith] Authenticated remote calendars (and deleting remote calendars)

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu Oct 24 18:26:49 2002

Quoting "Kevin M. Myer" <kevin_myer@iu13.org>:

> On the other hand, if I read the PHP documentation right, I should also
> be able to specify a user:pass combo in the URL and have that work.  I've
> tried creating a new remote calendar entry of the form:
>
> http://userid:pass:@calendar.... but that is generating the following
> error in the logs:

Looks like you have an extra colon there, between pass and @url... Otherwise
that form should work. I don't know the details of the remote calendar
support, though.

A patch for specifying the username/password (or Horde credentials) for a
remote calendar sounds good to me, regardless of how we actually access the
file once the credentials are specified (I don't think we should require
users to enter calendar URLs with user:pass@ in them.

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."
 - Google, thanks to Harpers