[kronolith] Re: missing entries in horde summary screen (Marc Fellman)

Rick Emery rick@emery.2y.net
Thu Nov 14 17:04:53 2002

Quoting Akom <lists@akom2.2y.net>:

> I encountered the same problem (shared calendar was no longer accessible)
> and after fiddling with trying to re-add it to my list of calendars (and
> giving up) I did the following:
>
> Created a new shared calendar.
> Looked in the DB (phpMyAdmin is great)...
> found the old calendar ID (you'll see lots of entries - one per event - in
> kronolith_events table).  Then found the new calendar (you'll find it
> mentioned in horde_prefs under "display_cals" for your username. If you
> can't find it there, create a new event in the new calendar and you'll see
> it in the kronolith_events table.
>
> Then I ran a query to change the calendar_id of all the old entries to the
> new entry, and that's it, it just works.
>
> The query (you can do it with mysql if that's what you're using, or
> phpMyAdmin...) looks like this:
>
> UPDATE kronolith_events set calendar_id ='newCalendarName' where
> calendar_id = 'oldCalendarName';
>
> (Insert your old and new Names there).
> The semicolon is not needed in phpMyAdmin btw.
>
> Hope this helps.

It did! Great tip, thanks!

BTW, you can also do this through Horde. Click "Administration", then "SQL
Shell". Because of a firewall here at work, I'm not able to SSH to my server;
however, the SQL shell worked like a champ and all events from my old shared
calendar are now there.

Thanks again,
Rick