[kronolith] Side by side view

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Dec 10 14:15:06 PST 2002

Quoting Jeroen Huinink <j.huinink@wanadoo.nl>:

> Ok. There is more than one way to solve this:
> * we can turn the table 90 degrees: make a row for every day of the month
> instead of a column.

This sounds awfully disorienting to me, probably because I've never seen a
calendar this way, but still...

> * we can wrap within each calendar (basically the old view) and repeat it
> for every shared calendar.

Doesn't sound so useful to me - not really side-by-side/comparable that way.

> * we can have the same line repeated for every shared calendar and then
> wrap to the next week.

Best of these options, IMHO.

> And of course we could make it optional and implement all four ways
> (including the current), leaving the choice upto the user.

Ugh. Consistency is occasionally better than more options. :)

One more suggestion: split up the individual days that have events from
multiple calendars on them, to show those calendars side-by-side only within
those days.

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."
 - Google, thanks to Harpers