[kronolith] Re: Re: Re: Re: Contacts, Locations and shared calendars

Jeroen Huinink j.huinink at wanadoo.nl
Wed Dec 11 10:18:10 PST 2002

"Jan Schneider" <jan@horde.org> wrote
> Zitat von Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>:
>
> > > What do you think of repeating the calendarname every weekstart?
> >
> > Good idea.
>
> I'd like it even more if the repeating calendar names started after at
least
> one week. One week should fit onto the screen so there's no need to have
the
> name twice at the first screen.

I was thinking about leaving out the calendar name in the first column and
only insert it every week-start.

Since I am going to work out the "wrapped" view this would no longer be
necessary. However I have been thinking: in my case I would have 10-15
shared calendars side by side. This means that in the "month" view I'll only
be able to see one week at a time and if I scroll down it is hard to follow
what is happening within a single calendar. So I might still be in favor of
my initial approach. I'll work it out though as promised and you can compare
both options and decide what you want to include in kronolith. I agree with
Chuck that horizontal scrolling is something that people will not favor. It
however keeps the individual calendars intact, which is worth something.

What I have in our current solution is an HTML page with a single month from
calendar on one row and it shows three months. I always hate it when I have
to schedule things at a month end because that involves both vertical
scrolling and trying the refind the proper calendar line in a next month.

Regards,
Jeroen