[kronolith] Shared Calendars, Multiple Virtual domains.

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Mon Dec 16 06:13:05 PST 2002

Quoting "mb@os.datafx.com.au" <mb@os.datafx.com.au>:

 | I'm currently testing shared calendars (Mysql Backend), and was wondering if
 | virtual domains can each have there own individual shared calendars(Only
 | viewable by users within that vdomain)?

It works for me except for a minor issue that I have with groups.  With
a virtual user/domain set up you won't have duplicate users/prefs so I don't
see why you would have a problem.

 | If so - Would each virtual domain require it's own mysql table?

No, that could sure get complicated.

 | I am anticipating around 50 individual domains to be hosted on the server -
 | Which would result in 50 additional tables for shared calendars.
 |
 | Does anyone else have a similiar configuration in place, or alternate
 | solution?

I have a similar configuration but have only about a dozen virtual domains
and using mysql for categories, prefs and kronolith, courier mail suite and
ldap for authentication and turba.

ed