[kronolith] Unable to insert or delete anything dealing with meetings or calendars

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Thu Feb 6 11:19:13 PST 2003

Hi,

I'm running a CVS install of Horde, Imp, Kronolith and Moments.  For awhile,
everything was working but lots of changes have happened (horde code updates,
PEAR updates I installed, move to a new box, etc :) so its difficult to track
down exactly when things stopped working or what caused them.  The problem is
that with kronolith, while I can view items, I can't delete, modify or create
anything new.  With moments, I can create a new meeting but I can't delete any
existing meetings.

In the past, when I've had these types of problems, its due to change in the
database structure (i.e the addition of a column to the database).  So I
carefully parsed the SQL table creation statements for horde and kronolith to
see if they were different from my database.  They did not appear to be
different.  So I backed up the database, exported my calendar to an ICS file and
dropped and recreated the kronolith_events table.  Now, when I logged in, no
calendar showed up at all, where before I could at least see "My Calendar".  So
I dropped and recreated the horde_categories table - now "My Calendar" shows up
(albeit blank of course) but I'm seeing Undefined offset:  1 in /<path to
horde>/kronolith/lib/Kronolith.php on line 1005.  And the horde_categories table
doesn't seem to be repopulating itself with any data.

If I switch the horde config from using sql as the categories storage to using
none (so basically a per session category driver), I can delete my meetings and
do all the stuff I want to and the Undefined offset error goes away.  As soon as
I switch it back to sql, I'm back where I was before.

So I'm left believing it has to be something with a preference or setting thats
stored in the database.  I thought clearing kronolith_events and
horde_categories would fix the problem but it didn't, mostly because it doesn't
appear that new info is being generated for horde_categories.  Which raises
another question:  is wiping horde_categories a no-no (keeping in mind that this
is currently a single user install so I don't care if I lose data thats there
right now).  Are other portions of Horde totally dependent on the integrity of
horde_categories or should wiping it cause defaults to be recreated?

I'm certain I've got something out of sync, either in a stored preference in the
database, a table thats missing something, or a config file thats a little out
of date but I'm not sure where.  Given the symptoms, can anyone help me hone in
on where I should be looking?

Thanks,
Kevin

--