[kronolith] Unable to insert or delete anything dealing with meetings or calendars

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Thu Feb 6 13:01:09 PST 2003

Ok, now I think I might be going out of my mind.  I turned the log level back
down from LOG_DEBUG to LOG_NOTICE.  When I did, I noticed that it was
complaining about trying to update horde_categories_seq.  So I did some Googling
on that - it seems that table is autocreated by PEAR and that the horde user
needs CREATE permissions to create it.  So I added create permissions for my
horde user and forcibily set privileges for the horde_categories_seq table.  The
undefined index error went away.  So I attempted to import my iCalendar file
that I exported earlier today.  When I do that, I get:

"There was an error importing the data. This is what the server said: DB Error:
unknown error".  When I go to the php error log and the horde.log (with
LOG_NOTICE level), I see no errors.  If I crank the log level up to LOG_DEBUG, I
see only SELECT statements - no UPDATEs, INSERTs, or CREATEs.  Same thing for
the mysql server logs.  The pattern that seems to be emerging is that any of the
*_seq tables don't have any granted privileges in the mysql database.  So the
question is this:  if PEAR is autocreating the *_seq tables, is it also
autogranting permissions to the horde user for these tables?  Time to manually
grant permissions and see if that fully solves this issue for me...

Kevin

Kevin M. Myer
Systems Administrator
Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit 13