[kronolith] Outlook Kronolith Syncing

Mark Gimelfarb dawebber at atlas.cz
Wed Mar 19 08:09:51 PST 2003

Hello,

            All!

>From what I see, there have been many discussions on implementing Sync
plug-ins from and to various PIMs. So far, I have seen no finished
implementation. I have something to contribute, I hope. I wrote an
Outlook plug-in that, once finished, will be able to both export and
import data from Kronolith.

            I will do an additional posting as to the URL where you can
download this from, once it's ready for user testing. I have several
questions though, that I would like to ask of the Kronolith Community
first. First of all, my apologies that the plug-in is written in VB. I'm
not a VB programmer, but this seems to be the easiest way to get the
Office Object Model glue to work. I consider re-writing this thing in C#
later. Unfortunately, there is no FREE SyncML implementation for
VB/ActiveX, so I would have to use some method of importing data into
Kronolith that's specific to Kronolith. In the HEAD in CVS, I saw some
nice looking API. However, I run the release version on my server. Is
there something like that in 1.0 or do I have to write a custom wrapper
myself?

There will be some more questions later. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

            Mark.