[kronolith] Outlook Kronolith Syncing

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Mar 19 11:27:08 PST 2003

Quoting Mark Gimelfarb <dawebber at atlas.cz>:

> >From what I see, there have been many discussions on implementing Sync
> plug-ins from and to various PIMs. So far, I have seen no finished
> implementation. I have something to contribute, I hope. I wrote an
> Outlook plug-in that, once finished, will be able to both export and
> import data from Kronolith.

Great!

>             I will do an additional posting as to the URL where you can
> download this from, once it's ready for user testing. I have several
> questions though, that I would like to ask of the Kronolith Community
> first. First of all, my apologies that the plug-in is written in VB. I'm
> not a VB programmer, but this seems to be the easiest way to get the
> Office Object Model glue to work. I consider re-writing this thing in C#
> later. Unfortunately, there is no FREE SyncML implementation for
> VB/ActiveX, so I would have to use some method of importing data into
> Kronolith that's specific to Kronolith. In the HEAD in CVS, I saw some
> nice looking API. However, I run the release version on my server. Is
> there something like that in 1.0 or do I have to write a custom wrapper
> myself?

First, it's not a problem that it's in VB; it's a tool for dealing with Outlook.

I'm not entirely clear what the rest of your questions are. However, I
*strongly* encourage you to develop this for Kronolith HEAD (the latest CVS
development version) first. That way we can help you with it more, make
needed additions, etc., in non-production code. After it's working in HEAD
we can backport it to the release version if possible.

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of
darkness. It is not the night that kills, but the frost." - Miguel de Unamuno