[kronolith] Problems with 1.0 Kronolith and Horde 2.2.1

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Sun Apr 20 10:48:41 PDT 2003

On 20 Apr 2003, Joseph Landman wrote:

> Hi Folks:
>
>   I have installed Horde 2.2.1, IMP 3.2.1, turba.  They work using a
> postgresql backend.  Quite nicely!  I am having problems with Kronolith.
>
>   First, there was no pqsgl driver, so I modified the
> scripts/driver/kronolith.sql to work with postgresql (convert all
> "datetime" to "date").  That seemed to work.
>
>   Next, I tried getting into Kronolith (after restarting the web
> server), and all I got was blank page.  I ran the horde/test.php, and I
> found some problems:
>
> 	HTML_Common/HTML_Select - No
>       * Horde requires the HTML_Common and HTML_Select classes only for
>         Kronolith 1.0 to display forms correctly.
>
> The problem is that I used the pear install mechanism to install the
> HTML_common package.  There was no HTML_Select package, but there was an
> HTML_Select_Common package (which I have installed).  I think something
> is missing though I am not sure what.
>

> Any clues?
>
> Joe

The HTML_Select package was removed from Pear a while back (after
Kronolith 1.0 was released).  You have two options:

1. Check the mailing list archives.  I posted a copy of HTML_Select from
my Debian system not too long again.

2. Use Kronolith 1.1, which no longer depends on the HTML_Select package.
Kronolith 1.1 is in release candidate stage, so you can either use the
latest release candidate (check the mailing list archives for the download
URL) or wait a little while for the official 1.1 release.

	Andy