[kronolith] Questions about the CVS version

Jason Rust jrust at rustyparts.com
Tue Apr 29 13:07:40 PDT 2003

Just installed kronolith from CVS and am really impressed.  After
scouring for hours for a decent group calendar this is the only one that
fits the bill.  A few questions have arisen as I've been playing with
it.  Most are probably from my inability to figure things out, others
may be bugs.

1. How do I set the default calendar to show upon a new user logging in?
I want to set the group calendar as the default calendar to display
whenever a new user logs on.  Perhaps I'd even like to lock users out
from seeing any calendar but the Group Calendar; is that possible?

2. How do I set the default calendar for the guest user?  When the
guest user first clicks on Calendar from the guest services page it says
that "No calendars are available to guests."  However, the select list
is present and after selecting the Group Calendar everything goes fine
for the guest user (i.e. the message and select list disappear).

3. It seems some of the Options shouldn't show up for the guest user.
Right not a guest user can create categories and remote calendars,
which, while they don't affect anything visually, do put entries into
the database.

4. Is there any way to set up permissions such that the user who creates
the event on the Group Calendar can edit/delete it, but all other
regular users can only view it (obviously a super admin would be able to
edit/delete all entries)?

5. How do I set the default value for the initial application for new
users?  I've tried setting the value for initial_application to
kronolith (in horde/config/prefs.php), but then going to the base url:
http://localhost/horde automatically redirects to
http://localhost/horde/kronolith.  The comments seems to imply it
shouldn't redirect until after login.

Thanks a ton!