[kronolith] Questions about the CVS version

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Apr 29 15:37:12 PDT 2003

Quoting Jason Rust <jrust at rustyparts.com>:

> 1. How do I set the default calendar to show upon a new user logging in?
> I want to set the group calendar as the default calendar to display
> whenever a new user logs on.  Perhaps I'd even like to lock users out
> from seeing any calendar but the Group Calendar; is that possible?

Yes, you can lock users out of any calendar by setting the permissions on
it. The display_cals preference sets the default calendar; it's a
serialized array, so the easiest thing would be to set it correctly for a
user and then to copy the db entry into prefs.php.

> 2. How do I set the default calendar for the guest user?  When the
> guest user first clicks on Calendar from the guest services page it says
> that "No calendars are available to guests."  However, the select list
> is present and after selecting the Group Calendar everything goes fine
> for the guest user (i.e. the message and select list disappear).

The default calendar(s) are specified by the display_cals preference. That
you get that message when calendars are available is a bug that hopefully
someone can fix.

> 3. It seems some of the Options shouldn't show up for the guest user.
> Right not a guest user can create categories and remote calendars,
> which, while they don't affect anything visually, do put entries into
> the database.

Patches welcome. We already restrict some things based on guest vs. not
guest.

> 4. Is there any way to set up permissions such that the user who creates
> the event on the Group Calendar can edit/delete it, but all other
> regular users can only view it (obviously a super admin would be able to
> edit/delete all entries)?

If I understand you right, such that this would apply to every user, no,
this isn't currently possible, but it sounds interesting.

> 5. How do I set the default value for the initial application for new
> users?  I've tried setting the value for initial_application to
> kronolith (in horde/config/prefs.php), but then going to the base url:
> http://localhost/horde automatically redirects to
> http://localhost/horde/kronolith.  The comments seems to imply it
> shouldn't redirect until after login.

It shouldn't. Sounds like you're already logged in?

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
The alligators were there, too, in a bathtub inside the house.