[kronolith] Questions about the CVS version

Jason Rust jrust at rustyparts.com
Tue Apr 29 18:20:34 PDT 2003

> Yes, you can lock users out of any calendar by setting the permissions on
> it. The display_cals preference sets the default calendar; it's a
> serialized array, so the easiest thing would be to set it correctly for a
> user and then to copy the db entry into prefs.php.

Great, that worked.

> The default calendar(s) are specified by the display_cals preference. That
> you get that message when calendars are available is a bug that hopefully
> someone can fix.

Tried this but it didn't work.  The following error occurs:
Warning: Illegal offset type in
/home/jrust/public_html/horde/kronolith/lib/base.php on line 101

> Patches welcome. We already restrict some things based on guest vs. not
> guest.

I will look into trying to put together a patch for those items.

> If I understand you right, such that this would apply to every user, no,
> this isn't currently possible, but it sounds interesting.

Yes, it would apply to every user.  I'm thinking it would be some kind
of new permission for a calendar.  Perhaps another row in the
permissions editor for the calendar that would specify permissions for
the user that created the event for the calendar.  This would override
the group or user permissions and would all the user who created the
event to delete/edit only their events.

> It shouldn't. Sounds like you're already logged in?

No, not already logged in.  I think the bug is caused by this code in
horde/index.php on line 105:
        if (!empty($url) && !strstr($url, 'login.php')) {
            $main_page = $url;
        } elseif (!empty($initial_app)) {
            $main_page = Horde::url($registry->getInitialPage($initial_app));

When the url variable is empty (as is the case in going straight to
http://localhost/horde) but the initial_app is not empty (like when I
put in kronolith for the value) it bounces straight to the initial_app.
Perhaps the elseif should also check if the user is logged in?

-Jason