[kronolith] UI bug in Kronolith 1.1

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Wed Jul 9 17:51:52 PDT 2003

There seems to be a small bug in the user interface of Kronolith 1.1 on
the New Event page (addevent.php).  In the categories section of the new
event form, there is a drop-down list of the available categories.  If the
"event_categories" preference is not locked, it also adds "New Category"
and "----" to the drop-down list.

However, there is no means to add a new category from this page.  Choosing
"New Category" when creating an event just sets the category for the event
to "", which gets translated to "Unfiled".  The only place to add a new
category in on the options page for categories.

The code in question, from templates/edit/edit.inc, calls the
buildCategoryWidget() function in lib/Kronolith.php.  That is the only
place in Kronolith 1.1 that calls this function.  In my local code, I just
commented out the code which prints "New Category" and "----" from
buildCategoryWidget().  This doesn't seem to serve any purpose here.

	Andy