[kronolith] No Permissions on .icl import

Rob Brandt bronto at csd-bes.net
Mon Jul 14 07:35:55 PDT 2003

I've already found some interesting things just trying to 'fake' a meeting
conversation between my real account and a yahoo.com account.

Interesting thing #1: Yahoo mail displays the text content of the .ics "invite"
file, and there doesn't seem to be anything that can be clicked that will
trigger the response form.  The .ics does show up as an attachment in the
header as well, but clicking on it does nothing.  I've tested it in both IE
Windows and Netscape Mac.

Interesting thing #2: Some of the identities in the .ics file don't seem right,
and could be the cause or a clue of my permissions problem.  My server manages
virtual domains and virtual mail users.  My email address is
rbrandt at csd-bes.net, and I log in as "rbrandt at csd-bes.net".  Horde is located
on my server at http://horde.csd-bes.net (note: horde is at document root, not
http://horde.csd-bes.net/horde).  In the UID field, I am identified as
"20030714T134806Z-rbrandt at csd-bes.net@horde.csd-bes.net".  So if
Kronolith/Moment is using that value to determine who I am, or concatenating
the host name in the URL with the login name, it's not going to be right.

Interesting thing #3: The html link to my real account is broken.  Looking at
the page source, it reads:
ATTENDEE;ROLE=CHAIR;PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED;CN=Rob Brandt:MAILTO:r
 <a
href="/ym/Compose?To=brandt at csd-bes.net&YY=50839&order=up&sort=date&pos=0&head=f">brandt at csd-bes.net</a>

Notice that in both the anchor text and the link itself, it interprets my
address as "brandt at yahoo.com", without the leading "r".  Likely a bug in
Yahoo's mail service, but maybe there's something in the message that's causing
it to think there's whitespace there(?).

Rob