[kronolith] running kronolith cvs sucessfully in a workplace?

Bo Daley bo at tilda.com.au
Thu Oct 23 22:22:38 PDT 2003

Quoting Adrian DeBoer :

 > That's what happened to me when I tried to upgrade my
 > stable kronolith 1.1 install to the cvs version....I'm
 > starting over form scratch.
 >
 > Is there a "by-the-book" or steps/guidelines to doing
 > this???....so not to hose a system and lose data....

I'm not sure about updating from a stable release to the cvs version (I'd
imagine it wouldn't be easy), but for maintaining a system running on cvs
versions or snaps I'd do something like this:

* make sure you have another install of kronolith that you can use to test a new
version before you push it out to the environment that all your co-workers are
using

* watch the CVS lists closely to see if anything changes that you need to be
aware of

If that's too much effort then you're probably safer sticking with the stable
version.

bo.