[kronolith] Somewhat OT: Upgrade help

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Nov 5 14:33:51 PST 2003

Quoting tickticker <tickticker at cox.net>:

> CVS HEAD, got it.  Will my other services and servers suffice?
>
> apache 1.3.27

Fine.

> PHP:4.2.3

I think that will work (according to the FAQ it will).

> Thanks for all the replies.  How stable is HEAD?

Often it is stable.  Right now it isn't very stable...  By this I mean
more subject to change than subject to crash/fail, though both are possible
depending on when you grab the CVS HEAD code.

> I bet some of you are
> running it in production, any high user counts?  Any issues with IE?

I run an older HEAD version in production.  I can't get the current code
stable enough to run, though I think the real problem for me is a bug
somewhere in my c-client and not in Horde code...

Note if you do go from production code to CVS HEAD there will be a large
database data migration effort to undertake.  There are scripts to do this,
but they may not all be well tested...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics