Fwd: Re: [kronolith] problem with kronolith

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Nov 25 16:23:40 PST 2003

for the records

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von kappel at clunet.edu -----
    Datum: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:18:03 -0800
    Von: Kevin Appel <kappel at clunet.edu>
Antwort an: Kevin Appel <kappel at clunet.edu>
 Betreff: Re: [kronolith] problem with kronolith
      An: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>

At 10:47 AM 11/25/2003 +0100, you wrote:

Hi Jan,

I did the var_dump command and found out it was an error with the
kronolith_events_seq table.  In my case, the table didn't exist.  Inside
psql, I typed:
create sequence kronolith_events_seq;
grant all on kronolith_events_seq to hordemgr;

Now everything with the calendar is working great.

Thanks so much

>Zitat von Kevin Appel <kappel at clunet.edu>:
>
> > Hi Chuck,
> >
> > I have been trying to get Kronolith working but I am having some
> > problems.
> >
> > I am using Kronolith 1.1 and whenever I try to save an entry, it gets to
> > line:
> > $id = $this->_db->nextId($this->_params['table']);
> > if (PEAR::isError($id){
> >    return $id;
> > }
>
>Try a "var_dump($id)" inside the if clause.
>
> > Every time I try to insert an entry, it always goes in this section of
> > code
> > and never inserts any data.
> >
> > I have granted the user, hordemgr, full permission to the database.  For
>
>Did you reload the db server after that?
>
> > further testing, I commented out the above $id assignment line and
> > assigned
> > $id a value of '2'.  Once I did this, my entry was inserted and I could
> > see
> > the entry on the webpage for the correct month.
> >
> > I have been reading everywhere to find out how to fix this and the only
> > answer I have seen is I have the permissions set wrong.  I have given
the
> > user every possible permission and I am unsure of how to fix this.
>
>Jan.
>
>--
>http://www.horde.org - The Horde Project
>http://www.ammma.de - discover your knowledge
>http://www.tip4all.de - Deine private Tippgemeinschaft
>
>--
>
>--
>*** Incoming / Outgoing Mail scanned for known Viruses by CLUnet ***

Kevin Appel
California Lutheran University
Information Systems and Services
60 W. Olsen Rd.