[kronolith] Writing standalone reminder system

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Dec 12 18:12:59 PST 2003

Quoting "Karl J. Smalley" <Karl.Smalley at mail.jci.tju.edu>:

> Probably not the best place to post this, but . . .
>
> I've written a standalone reminder system the e-mails our users when the have
> an alarm set for an event in kronolith.  I am having a problem with recurring
> events, as in how do I know if now or now+5 minutes does not contain a
> recurring event.

I strongly reccommend that you write your app to use the Kronolith API (via
XML-RPC or whatever), or even better, look at kronolith/scripts/eventd and help
us flesh it out, since it does pretty much exactly what you describe.

Otherwise, your code is going to be buggy and incomplete and going to have to
duplicate the core logic of what Kronolith *does*.

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"I'm really... I'm not too fascinated by green food." - Average Joe