Fwd: Re: [kronolith] view a shared calendar with Mozilla's Calendar project

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Jan 20 05:11:31 PST 2004

Zitat von Dennis Ortsen <mosaic at pinetree.nl>:

>> > Just for my understanding, with the RPC server you mean an XML RPC server
>> > that
>> > can exchange information between Horde apps, Or is it intended only as an
>> > interface between Horde and other XML capable systems/apps?
>>
>> It doesn't have to be XML and it already is beyond XML RPC.
>
> Well, I know what XML is, and see the potential, but what can I do
> with the RPC
> server? I mean, how do I get this all to work together? Is the RPC server
> another module I need to install or is it already in the main part of Horde?

It's built into Horde and currently there are XMLRPC and SOAP
implementations of the RPC server and client. SyncML drivers are currently
being developed.
RPC does what it says: remote procedure calls. Our RPC server is implemented
in a way that every method exposed through the modules' APIs is available
in the RPC server.

Jan.

http://www.ammma.de - Neue Wege des Lernens