Fwd: Re: [kronolith] view a shared calendar with Mozilla's Calendar project

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Jan 24 15:21:47 PST 2004

Quoting Dennis Ortsen <mosaic at pinetree.nl>:

> It's just a shame that there is no other way of getting any kind of calendar
> program (Mozilla Calendar, Apple iCal, Ximian Evolution, MS Outlook) to talk
> with any web-enabled calendar solution, like kronolith. Without a doubt,
> Kronolith is by far the best web-based calendar solution. There are so many
> clones, or own creations out there that do something similar, but I haven't
> been able to find something that fits it all in together. There might be
> commercial products that can do the trick, but isn't it a bit weird that you
> need commercial software to connect 2 open source products to eachother?

No, you just need some work. I just committed a stub for a webdav server into
Horde's RPC package. It needs a lot of work; I don't need it for anything that
I'm working on right now, so it's hard to find the time to figure out the
protocol, etc. But it's all possible.

So, how about helping us out with some patches, instead of being incredulous
that we haven't implemented the features you want yet?

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"Here, I brought some cole slaw. It's made from peeeooople! Just kidding."