[kronolith] Re: export to cvs, ical german umlaut bug

markus freaked at gmx.at
Thu Mar 25 12:40:35 PST 2004

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting markus <freaked at gmx.at>:
>
>> I'm using a HEAD checkout of kronolith.
>> * $Horde: kronolith/data.php,v 1.57 2004/01/14 03:44:22 chuck Exp $
>>
>> If  I do an export and there are umlauts in the export file, they are
>> not displayed correctly.
>> The umlauts are displayed corretly within horde, and the MySQL database.
>>
>> so my opinion is that something goes wrong  withtin the data.php file.
>

> Well, I can't reproduce this, so you'll have to provide something more
> concrete
> if you think there's a problem.
>
> -chuck
>
> --
> "Regard my poor demoralized mule!" - Juan Valdez

Hi chuck,

Maybe a another german guy could reproduce this, to be sure it isn't a
missconfiguration on my side.

Here the description:
I created an event in Kronolith. Exported the event. There are german
Umlauts in the event. The exported file looks like this:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:-//Horde.org//Kronolith Generated
METHOD:REQUEST
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTAMP:20040325T212902
UID:kronolith:41bb7417cfa9751a09e8e7cd09a2a484
SUMMARY:Umlaut test entry
  this: Österreich.  Ö is a Umlaut, like ü
  ä too.
DTSTART:20040325T110000Z
DTEND:20040325T120000Z
CATEGORIES:Nicht zugeordnet
TRANSP:OPAQUE
ORGANIZER;CN=:MAILTO:
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

The orginal text was:
Austria translated to german looks like this: Österreich. Ö is a Umlaut,
like ä ü too.
I'm not sure if you mailclient can display umlauts. But I suppose it can.

I experienced the same problem in nag too.

thanks and best regards

Markus