[kronolith] Fwd: [horde] Horde and apps thoughts/suggestions/issues

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed May 12 08:42:05 PDT 2004

Zitat von "Mark H. Degner" <mark at degner.org>:

> Kronolith - Rolling over the appointment has location information in
> addition to
> time and notes

Yep.

> Kronolith - an icon or button in the appointment entry that allows
> downloading
> that particular appointment as an iCalendar file

Yep.

> Kronolith - rollover info is currently bound by the browser window.
> Is this a
> bug, or a result of the PHP/browser environment?

It's not a browser tooltip but a div layer that of course is bound to the
browser window. I'm currently improving the tooltip code so that at least
they keep inside the browser view.

> Kronolith - a way (icon?) to tell if an event is personal or shared

Not sure if that isn't too much overhead. I generally use category colors
for that purpose. I'd rather like to see the event state somehow.

> Kronolith - the ability to attach files to events

I don't see a use for that personally. What do you have in mind, what do
other people think of that?

> Kronolith - preserve existing category colors when editing the colors

Not sure what you mean.

> Kronolith - a way to have numbers vary in appointments for things
> like birthdays
> and anniversaries.  ie, Dick and Jane's 41st anniversary.  Based upon some
> variable and baseline date.

This would indeed by nice, but we currently have no code that allows us to
find out the number of recurrence. And I have the dense feeling that this
would be a huge performance hit.

> Kronolith - Email alerts for appointment alarms

That's already implemented.

> Kronolith - A way to notify another user of a shared calendar that an
> entry is
> new.  Email, different color, popup or other.

Hm, I think this is something that meeting requests should be for. And how
do you define a "new" event? Note that we can't find out who subscribed to
a calendar, only vice versa.

> Kronolith - In meeting requests, have the meeting information in the email as
> well as in the ics file.

Yep.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/