[kronolith] Fwd: [horde] Horde and apps thoughts/suggestions/issues

Mark H. Degner mark at degner.org
Wed May 12 17:12:13 PDT 2004

Jan,

Thanks for the comments, my explanations are in-line.

Mark

..

>> Kronolith - a way (icon?) to tell if an event is personal or shared
>
> Not sure if that isn't too much overhead. I generally use category colors
> for that purpose. I'd rather like to see the event state somehow.

I have been using category colors for just categories.  Adding in
personal/shared status might be too confusing.  I was thinking something along
the lines of the recurring icon.  If it comes from a personal calendar, no
icon, if it comes from a shared calendar, an icon signifying multiple users.

>> Kronolith - the ability to attach files to events
>
> I don't see a use for that personally. What do you have in mind, what do
> other people think of that?

In Outlook, for instance, when I have an appointment, I sometimes attach files
to that appointment object so they are organized.  Once the appointment comes
around, I can open it and retrieve the relevant files from it. (This
would also
tie into the idea of copying info from IMP into other applications)

>> Kronolith - preserve existing category colors when editing the colors
>
> Not sure what you mean.

I can set Event Label colors just fine, but when I go back in to re-edit them,
the edit window has reset all the label colors to #ffffff.

I just noticed the color picker.  Is that new?  That's pretty slick.

>> Kronolith - a way to have numbers vary in appointments for things
>> like birthdays
>> and anniversaries.  ie, Dick and Jane's 41st anniversary.  Based upon some
>> variable and baseline date.
>
> This would indeed by nice, but we currently have no code that allows us to
> find out the number of recurrence. And I have the dense feeling that this
> would be a huge performance hit.

You are probably right, functionality like that is more of a luxury.

>> Kronolith - Email alerts for appointment alarms
>
> That's already implemented.

I must be missing something, because I have no idea how to implement this.  I
have enabled the alarms in the appointment, but I don't see anything on how to
actually receive these alarms.

>> Kronolith - A way to notify another user of a shared calendar that
>> an entry is
>> new.  Email, different color, popup or other.
>
> Hm, I think this is something that meeting requests should be for. And how
> do you define a "new" event? Note that we can't find out who subscribed to
> a calendar, only vice versa.

A new event would be a newly created event, some notification that is
triggered
when an event is saved..  A meeting request would work just fine, though I
think it would work better with the suggestion below.  And maybe an option to
not include the ics file, just the appointment information in the email body
itself.