[kronolith] Re: Free/Busy

Mark Williamson mark at cye.com.au
Tue Jul 20 19:55:04 PDT 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:39:14 +0000, Ross Smith wrote:

>> > Hello.
>> >
>> > I try to use the free/busy functionality but I think it doesn't work
>> > because the database kronolith_storage still empty.  I find the
>> > function store witch save information into this database but this
>> > function is never called (I think so...).  How does it work?  Thanks
>> >

>> I too don't seem to have this fuction working either..   haven't quite
>> looked into it..    but it sure would be nice to have this working..
>> every time I go into the Busy/Free, or Edit attendees, it just shows "No
>> Information",  I am not sure if one needs Kolab for this to work..
>>
>> The settings that I am suing at this moment is
>>
>> Free/Busy Driver Settings:
>> 	What free/busy driver should we use?: SQL Driver configuration: Horde
>> 	Defaults
>> 	Database table: kronolith storage
>>
>> May be I too have missed something..
>>
>> Cheers
>> Mark
>>

> Hey,
>
> I'd been having problems with this for a while, and was getting quite
> annoyed at the lack of any documentation of this feature (that I could
> find anyway :P).
>
> I found that by adding:
>
> http://<your-web-server>/<your-horde-install>/kronolith/fb.php?c=<username>
>
> into the freebusy field of your contact (who logs in with <username>) in
> your addressbook, free/busy will work correctly.
>
> However, I found that this only works when there is only one addressbook
> defined in /imp/sources.php (or at least one correctly configured
> addressbook).  Also, I am using an SQL addressbook and CVS snapshots from
> 20/07/04 for your information.
>
> Hope this helps,

Yes at this stage anything will help..  and it's rather useful to see how
you have managed to get this feature to work, and it looks like it has to
do with the way the address book is also setup. I too have setup the
adressbook using SQL, but will later change that to LDAP, with some hope
of getting better interaction between Outlook, Evolution and all of Horde.

Looking at http://bugs.horde.org/details.php?id=372, I can see there is a
few people are confused to how this feature Free/Busy is configured, and
not getting it working..  I guess discussion here will help a number of
people.

Cheers
Mark