[kronolith] Responding to Outlook iTip invitation

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Fri Sep 17 08:56:55 PDT 2004

Greeting fellows,

I am banging my head on a problem, and I just wondering if I am wasting
my time or not.  We are using an older Kronolith CVS version (RC1 from
this spring).  I am testing various scenario of Outlook XP <-> Kronolith
interoperability.  Some things work, some don't.

Among other things, the following scenario is giving me problems :
Outlook user create an event in his calendar and send an iTip invitation
to a Kronolith user.  Kronolith user (through IMP) receive the iTip
invitation.  The iTip MIME viewver display a little form where I can add
the event to my agenda and send an accept/decline/tentative response to
the originator.  When I send a response a of any form, it get to the
originator, but when this one try to import the event-reply.ics
attachment, it give a plain "Cannot import vCalendar data" error message.

My question is : does it work for somebody else ?  Are there know issue
regarding Outlook XP and Kronolith iTip exchange ?

Please feel free to ask for clarification if I am not making myself
clear enough.  Thanks for your insight !