[kronolith] that free/busy thing...

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Sep 21 14:33:11 PDT 2004

Zitat von Benoit St-André <ben at benoitst-andre.net>:

> I'm a bit mixed up understanding how the free/busy /attendees work...
>
> I understand that you can add a user's email , or add it from your
> adress book and it can "magically" get user's fb info.
>
> I suppose that the freebusy url must be correct in that adress book.
> That url being something like http://myserver/kronolith/fb.php?c=user
>
> Now, I tried several times to add a user in my attendees list and see if
> the fb info was well retreived, and it didn't work. Looking in the log,
> I see that the code tries to retreive fb info in sql
> Sep 21 17:15:53 HORDE [debug] [kronolith] SQL search by brunetf: query =
> "SELECT vfb_serialized FROM kronolith_storage WHERE
> vfb_email='attendee at myserver.qc.ca' AND (vfb_owner='myownwer' OR
> vfb_owner='')" [on line 113 of
> "/var/www/html/horde/kronolith/lib/Storage/sql.php"]

This happens only if the fb info can't be retrieved from the user's fb url.
This is an attempt to retrieve cached fb info from the storage backend.

> Now, how can my attendee free/busy info can "magically" get into that
> database ?

By earlier, successful fb requests.

> How the link between the fb.php script that gives the info
> and the one that shows it (attendeeslist.php or so) be made ?

FBView calls Kronolith::getFreeBusy...()

> Or may be is it something I didn't configure well ? Is there any
> permission for the attendee's calendar that has to work ?

No. At least not if the attendee's url is from Kronolith. The calendar used
to need having SHOW permissions, but this limitation no longer exists.

> If that can work, I'm fully willing to do an HOWTO on the wiki, because
> a lot of questions get asked about "that free/busy thing"... :-D

Great.

http://horde.org/consulting/