[kronolith] Responding to Outlook iTip invitation

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Tue Sep 28 05:57:57 PDT 2004

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com>:
>> 4. ATTENDEE and ORGANIZER field from Kronolith have a CN parameter that
>> Outlook lack.
>
> I don't think this has changed, but it'd be helpful to send versions
> with and
> without to Outlook and see what it handles and what it doesn't (this really
> goes for all of these 4 things).

Ok, I'll do that eventually.  My work is constantly being re-prioritized
(sic) so my Outlook <-> Kronolith interoperability test have been pushed
back.  This suck, I wish I could have gotten to the end of it.

>> so format of response may have changed in the meantime.  All I want at
>> the moment is to see if there would be something obvious in the list
>> above breaking interop with Outlook.
>
> The newlines is definitely a possibility. I also have some links
> somewhere that
> I can dig up that I remember indicating that Outlook needs the reply to
> be the
> entire content of the email? Or possibly for it to be the first part
> (before
> text/plain).

I know Outlook send iTip as the only part of message (not mixed or
alternative mutlipart).  When mixed or alternative multipart are sent to
Outlook, the iTip show as an attachement that you need to click and
select "Open" (instead of "Save").  This is when I get the "Cannot
import vCalendar data" message.  This would have to be tested, definitely.

Thanks, and sorry again for the lack of follow-up.