[kronolith] Reminders for shared calendars

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Sep 30 08:04:47 PDT 2004

>> Mats Djärf has allowed my user to show/read his
>> calendar. I am not "subscribed" to it (i.e. it shows as "- Mats Djärf's
>> calendar" in Kronolith. When he enters an item in his private
>> calendar with a
>> reminder (alarm) attached to it, I too am served with the reminder.
>
> Sounds like a bug, i.e. checking for PERMS_SHOW instead of the
> show_calendars preference in the reminder script. Can you file ticket on
> bugs.horde.org?

It's more that this simply isn't how reminders.php works right now - reminders
are generated on a per-calendar basis, not a per-user basis. They get sent to
anyone who can see that calendar (PERMS_READ, not PERMS_SHOW). It may be
possible to rewrite it to check user preferences as well, but it's certainly
not trivial.

Quincy Adams