[kronolith] Bugfixes and extending functionality: how to support the project?

Christoph Schulz develop at kristov.de
Sun Oct 17 08:51:45 PDT 2004

Hello everybody,

first I have to thank all the people behind the Horde project and its
subprojects for the great work! It's a real pleasure to work with Horde
and its applications (especially Imp, Kronolith, and Turba, which I'm
currently using). I have tried several projects which aim at providing
the functionality supported by Horde, and no-one has convinced me so far
but Horde. Please continue this great work, as IMHO many will profit
from it.

However, since I started working with Kronolith 1.1.2 (the last stable
version IIRC), I have missed some functions in it, which - as stated on
the home page - are to be provided in a future release. Especially the
support for shared calendars and E-mail notification was on my personal
wish list. So I began tweaking Kronolith a bit to provide the
functionality mentioned above. This was surprisingly easy. Additionally,
I found and fixed a bug in status.php, where the user is notified about
recurring events even if they are exceptionally disabled for the current
day.

Now my questions:

- Is there any interest in these patches? If yes, I'll add some comments
and create a small patch set against the 1.1.2 version of Kronolith. If
no, I'll simply shut up and use my patched version on my own until the
official version supports the needed functionality.

- How to contribute my patches? Is there any patch release system Horde
developers use? Is it possible for others to review the patch before it
is eventually accepted or declined? Of course I've tested it (cause I
use it every day), but that might be not enough.

- The patches are not complete because I was only able to change, test,
and use the SQL driver. Because there are (small) changes to be made for
each supported driver, and I don't use the MCAL back-end, I did not
change any MCAL driver code. It would be nice if anyone who knows/uses
MCAL could help me to develop and test the needed changes.

It would be nice if someone was so kind to point me into the right
direction how I should proceed from now on.

Best regards,
  Christoph

P.S.: I'm not a native English speaker, so I apologize for any
misunderstandings caused in advance.