[kronolith] Bugfixes and extending functionality: how to support the project?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Oct 17 09:10:02 PDT 2004

Zitat von Christoph Schulz <develop at kristov.de>:

> Hello everybody,
>
> first I have to thank all the people behind the Horde project and its
> subprojects for the great work! It's a real pleasure to work with Horde
> and its applications (especially Imp, Kronolith, and Turba, which I'm
> currently using). I have tried several projects which aim at providing
> the functionality supported by Horde, and no-one has convinced me so far
> but Horde. Please continue this great work, as IMHO many will profit
> from it.

Thanks.

> However, since I started working with Kronolith 1.1.2 (the last stable
> version IIRC), I have missed some functions in it, which - as stated on
> the home page - are to be provided in a future release. Especially the
> support for shared calendars and E-mail notification was on my personal
> wish list. So I began tweaking Kronolith a bit to provide the
> functionality mentioned above. This was surprisingly easy. Additionally,
> I found and fixed a bug in status.php, where the user is notified about
> recurring events even if they are exceptionally disabled for the current
> day.
>
> Now my questions:
>
> - Is there any interest in these patches? If yes, I'll add some comments
> and create a small patch set against the 1.1.2 version of Kronolith. If
> no, I'll simply shut up and use my patched version on my own until the
> official version supports the needed functionality.

We won't add any new functionality to the stable versions, but bug fixes are
always welcome.

> - How to contribute my patches? Is there any patch release system Horde
> developers use? Is it possible for others to review the patch before it
> is eventually accepted or declined? Of course I've tested it (cause I
> use it every day), but that might be not enough.

Either send your patches here or (better) open a ticket for each bug you
found on http://bugs.horde.org and upload your patches there.

The same applies to your Turba patches.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/