[kronolith] Tweaking the kronolith_events mysql table directly.

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jan 26 07:59:02 PST 2005

Zitat von Raymond Richmond <raymond.richmond at ualberta.ca>:

> 	I have a situation wheres I have been asked to stuff in calendar
> events directly to the database.  To be more exact I am interfacing to a
> scada system and automatically scheduling maintenance windows in techs
> calendars.  I have a pretty good handle on everything except event_id
> and event_uid.  I havn't been able to follow the code enough to figure
> out how they are generated.  Could someone point me at the correct place
> in the code or enlighten me as to how I would go about generating these
> fields?

The event_id is an emulated (or real) sequence. How it is implemented
exactly depends on your database. You should get detailed instructions how
to increase the sequence number on the general PEAR mailing list.

> I do understand most of event_uid but the stuff between the period and
> the '@' have me stumped.

The event_uid is simply a unique ID. We create it using a timestamp, random
hash, and host name.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/