[kronolith] Re: struggling getting free/busy SOLVED

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Feb 20 23:38:40 PST 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-20 at 19:52 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-02-20 at 20:16 -0600, Edwin L. Culp wrote:
> > Quoting Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>:
> >
> > > I have LDAP setup - from command line - an authenticated user can get
> > > another users calFBURL...
> > >
> > > $ ldapsearch -x -h localhost -D 'uid=holly,ou=People,dc=azapple,dc=com'
> > > 'uid=Administrator' calFBURL -W
> > > Enter LDAP Password:
> > > version: 2
> > >
> > > #
> > > # filter: uid=Administrator
> > > # requesting: calFBURL
> > > #
> > >
> > > # Administrator, People, azapple, com
> > > dn: uid=Administrator,ou=People,dc=azapple,dc=com
> > > calFBURL: http://linuxserver/horde/kronolith/fb.php?c=Administrator
> > >
> > > # search result
> > > search: 2
> > > result: 0 Success
> > >
> > > # numResponses: 2
> > > # numEntries: 1
> > >
> > > So - I know that Administrator's free/busy URL is retrievable by an
> > > authenticated user from DSA
> > >
> > > I have edited horde/turba/config/sources.php
> > >
> > > $uid = Auth::getBareAuth();
> > > $basedn = 'dc=azapple,dc=com';
> > > $cfgSources['baseldap'] = array(
> > >     'title' => _("Employee Directory"),
> > >     'type' => 'ldap',
> > >     'params' => array(
> > >
> > > ...etc...(and the turba LDAP address books book work fine)
> > >
> > > I have edited horde/kronolith/config/prefs.php
> > >
> > > // Addressbooks to search for free/busy URLs.
> > > $_prefs['search_abook'] = array(
> > >     'value' => 'a:0:{"baseldap"}',
> > >     'locked' => false,
> > >     'shared' => false,
> > >     'type' => 'implicit',
> > >     'desc' => _("Choose the address books to search for free/busy
> > > URLs:")
> > > );
> > >
> > > yet I still get the error on the top of 'invite attendees' window:
> > >
> > > Error retrieving free/busy information for Administrator at azapple.com: No
> > > freebusyUrl entry found for Administrator at azapple.com
> >
> > Based on the above shouldn't the CalFBURL be:
> >
> > calFBURL:
> > http://linuxserver/horde/kronolith/fb.php?c=Administrator@azapple.com
> >
> > rather than
> >
> > calFBURL: http://linuxserver/horde/kronolith/fb.php?c=Administrator
> >
> ----
> it sure seemed like you were on to something there - especially when I
> realized that I hadn't set a mail attribute for uid=Administrator. So I
> took care of the mail attribute first - just in case Kronolith searched
> using mail attribute...
>
> and if I go to 'My Calendars' and select the "Administrator's Calendar"
> - it's very clear what the URL is...
>
> http://linuxserver/horde/kronolith/fb.php?c=Administrator
>
> so that tells me that the proper entry in calFBURL is as I am returning
> it...
>
> $ ldapsearch -x -h localhost -D 'uid=holly,ou=People,dc=azapple,dc=com'
> 'mail=Administrator at azapple.com' calFBURL -W
>
> <snip>

> [...]
----
actually a few problems...

Have to go to Horde -> Options -> Personal Information and Set up a
default identity

Have to set the Kronolith -> Options -> Address Book to the proper
container

doesn't seem to be any way with tinkering with 'prefs.php' for either to
get around this AND the second one, displays some errors when you open
the page until an Address Book is actually set for Kronolith.

Craig