[kronolith] Re: free/busy URL's for resources such as conference rooms

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Feb 21 09:40:38 PST 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-20 at 20:07 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> My initial inclination was to have a user create a number of calendars
> for specific resources like meeting rooms but of course viewing the
> Free/Busy URL's in 'My Calendars' present things like this...
>
> http://linuxserver/horde/kronolith/fb.php?
> c=11a247ee8a6a4f2f3f6f56662d61f08a
>
> which I could probably add as a multi-valued calFBURL attribute in the
> specific user but I'm thinking besides the manual aspect of
> implementation, isn't likely to work all that well. Which makes me think
> that I am actually going to have a create users on the system such as
> conference_room_a etc.
>
> Does anybody have this working? How did you manage it? LDAP?
----
Now that I've gotten free/busy working - I added a second valued
attribute calFBURL to a user and when I add that user to the 'invite
attendees', the system doesn't seem to know what to make of it and
doesn't show even the first calendar interaction for that user so it's
pretty evident to me that resources such as rooms will have to be added
to the LDAP backend as a user and invited as a user to determine time
conflicts.

Of course, if anyone has another theory on this, please let me know but
for now, it seems that this is the only course of action.

Craig