[kronolith] Re: Reminders not working, help wanted.

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Feb 21 19:05:51 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 20:02 -0600, John H. Bennett III wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have tried looking in the archives for a solution, but nothing helped me.
>
> I have the latest stable versions of horde/imp/kronolith... installed.
>
> In the horde setup I have VFS enabled for SQL database, driver is Horde
> defaults and table is horde_vfs.
>
> In the kronolith setup for server name, I have used my actual servers name,
> localhost, and IP address. For the email address I am using
> reminders at mydomain.com.  Does this email address need to be a real user
> defined on my system?
>
> I have been running the reminders.php from the command line and via cron.  I
> have run it as php reminders.php, php -f reminders.php, and php -z
> reminders.php.  These were some of the suggestions I found in the archives.
> Nothing works and nothing is being sent to the logs that I can see.
>
> I would greatly appreciate some pointers on what to look at to get this
> working.
----
works ok for me...

crontab - running as user apache

0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30,32,34,36,38,40,42,44,46,48,50,52,54,56,58 * * * * /usr/bin/php /var/www/html/horde/kronolith/scripts/reminders.php

that's the contents of /var/spool/cron/apache

YMMV

I do have to point out that this means on a 30 minute alarm, I get 15
notices which is a bit over the top.

Craig