[kronolith] Re: struggling getting free/busy SOLVED

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Feb 21 23:06:26 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 08:49 -0600, Ben Chavet wrote:
> > actually a few problems...
> >
> > Have to go to Horde -> Options -> Personal Information and Set up a
> > default identity
> >
> > Have to set the Kronolith -> Options -> Address Book to the proper
> > container
> >
> > doesn't seem to be any way with tinkering with 'prefs.php' for either to
> > get around this AND the second one, displays some errors when you open
> > the page until an Address Book is actually set for Kronolith.
>
> You should be able to set these values using a pref hook.  I'm actually
> going to be doing exactly what you are tyring to do here sometime in
> the near future, probably this week sometime.  I'll be happy to share
> my config files when (if?) I get it working.
----
Well, I would love to see an exchange of info on things people have done
to hooks.php to derive info from ldap

I have been playing with one of them (the second example of
_prefs_hook_from_addr) and I thought I might be able to get a variable
dump...

       var_dump($conf); exit;

but since this isn't executed directly in any window, nothing shows up.

obviously I want to put values into

horde_prefs
 pref_uid=>   $uid
 pref_scope=> horde
 pref_name=>  default identity
 pref_value=> 0

 pref_uid=>   $uid
 pref_scope=> horde
 pref_name=>  default_identity
 pref_value=> a:1:{i:0;a:4:{s:2:"id";s:16:"Default Identity"\
              ;s:8:"fullname";s:14:" CN_FROM_LDAP";s:9:"from_addr"\
              ;s:20:"mail_from_LDAP";s:16:"default_identity";s:1:"0";}}*

 pref_uid=>   $uid
 pref_scope=> kronolith
 pref_name=>  search_abook
 pref_value=> a:1:{i:0;s:9:"base_ldap";}

*obviously the 's' values are 'string lengths' so this exact string
would never work

but I can't get to there from what I am seeing in the two
_prefs_hook_from_addr examples

if there's anything committed to writing that might make sense of this
for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Craig