[kronolith] Re: struggling getting free/busy SOLVED

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Feb 23 22:26:18 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 09:27 -0600, Ben Chavet wrote:
> > Ben,
> >
> > There are probably a lot of us are trying to accomplish similar, some more -
> > some less, hackishly ;-).  I would appreciate your keeping the list informed.
> > Or, if you feel it is off topic or there could be a lack of interest, me
> > personally.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > ed
>
> Here is how I got it working.  This assumes that you already have the
> freebusy URL's in your ldap directory for all of the necessary users.
> I'm also just showing the relevant parts of my config files.  Hope it
> helps.
---
this info (which I clipped) and the other note (very very important
detail about inserting 'hook' => 'true' into the appropriate prefs
section finally got me to see the bigger picture of hooks.php

I have created 2 hooks to derive the users Name & email address from
LDAP including authenticated bind with users info and I would hope that
these examples will make this clearer to those who are struggling with
this feature - as you have done for me.

I put them on
<http://wiki.horde.org/display.php?page=CustomizingPreferences>

the wiki page I created for others to share their customization ideas -
I have mostly exhausted mine on that wiki.

Lastly, I wonder if I put in a preference like the following in
kronolith/config/prefs.php...

// Addressbooks to search for free/busy URLs.
$_prefs['search_abook'] = array(
    // If you want the localsql address book to be the default, use:
1    // 'value' => 'a:1:{i:0;s:8:"localsql";}',
2    // 'value' => 'a:0:{}',
3    // 'value' => 'a:1:{i:0;s:9:"base_ldap";}',
4    // 'value' => 'base_ldap';
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => false,
    'type' => 'implicit',
    'desc' => _("Choose the address books to search for free/busy
URLs:")
);

1 is alternative suggested in file from horde
2 is actually active in file from horde
3 is value I derived from setting preference and grabbing from sql
4 is legal value (entry exists in turba/config/sources.php) and it works
- I'm just wondering if I'm breaking the api and will cause myself
problems. My concern is that I may very well end up adding more ldap
address books to turba sources and it may not fall in the 2nd position.

Thanks

Craig