[kronolith] Before I give up...

Eric Katchan katcher at alcor.concordia.ca
Wed May 4 09:00:07 PDT 2005

Hello all, I would like to give Kronolith another shot here.  We are
trying to use Kronolith to display an availability calendar for various
cinemas for use/rent at our university.

Here is my problem -

I would like to have 3 different types of users:

1. Outside world - limited display of info, perhaps - not available from
start time to end time, and location name.
2.  Employees who can view all the information regarding the cinema
booking however, unable to edit/delete/ add new events
3.  Of course the admins who can do everything.

public calendar  ( No Password required ):
    set guest access on kronolith to read
    set guest permission on individual calendar to show.

A.    Is it possible to customize which fields are displayed rather than
simply

'Event from 8:00am to 11:00pm'

B.    Is it possible to simply display a certain category of items in
the general public calendar?

Employee Calendar:
    set group permissions to show & read.
C.   It appears as if the Employee can add events to the calendar...

Am I perhaps setting  or not setting something correctly?
I would like to have this user be able to see everything but not add or
edit anything.

Please advise...

Where can I look to see how you handle recurrent events.  I was looking
at simply creating a basic calendar which would query the
kronolith_events table and return exactly the data I would need
depending on the user, which i would handle with my own user table.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eric Katchan
Web database developer