[kronolith] Before I give up...

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri May 6 02:50:50 PDT 2005

Zitat von Eric Katchan <katcher at alcor.concordia.ca>:

> Hello all, I would like to give Kronolith another shot here.  We are
> trying to use Kronolith to display an availability calendar for various
> cinemas for use/rent at our university.
>
> Here is my problem -
>
> I would like to have 3 different types of users:
>
> 1. Outside world - limited display of info, perhaps - not available from
> start time to end time, and location name.
> 2.  Employees who can view all the information regarding the cinema
> booking however, unable to edit/delete/ add new events
> 3.  Of course the admins who can do everything.
>
> public calendar  ( No Password required ):
>    set guest access on kronolith to read
>    set guest permission on individual calendar to show.
>
> A.    Is it possible to customize which fields are displayed rather than
> simply
>
> 'Event from 8:00am to 11:00pm'

No, but you could easily change this locally.

> B.    Is it possible to simply display a certain category of items in
> the general public calendar?

No, but you could use different calendars for each "category", whatever
that is to you.

> Employee Calendar:
>    set group permissions to show & read.
> C.   It appears as if the Employee can add events to the calendar...
>
> Am I perhaps setting  or not setting something correctly?
> I would like to have this user be able to see everything but not add or
> edit anything.

This shouldn't happen. Are you really sure that the permissions are
correctly set? Can these users also edit events? If you are sure that
this is a bug, file a report on bugs.horde.org includig the exact
permissions setup.

> Where can I look to see how you handle recurrent events.  I was looking

Kronolith::_getEvents() and Kronolith_Event::nextRecurrence().

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/